Sakra World Hospital's department of Anesthesiology offers excellent patient-centric anesthetic care for the patients. Anesthesiologists at Sakra care for more than 10,000 patients each year.
This large number of cases, integrated with ongoing research and education, results in wide-ranging expertise in the anesthetic management of patients. The anaesthesia team at Sakra consists of 11 consultants, 12 Senior residents and 8 postgraduate anaesthesiology residents. They are assisted by a team of technicians and acute pain nurses. Department of Anesthesiology staff members are a well integrated, collaborative group of adult and pediatric anesthesiologists committed to providing the best possible care to our patients. Some members of the department also conduct basic and clinical research and teach postgraduate and continuing education programs. The department regularly conducts clinical audit and quality improvement programmes to benchmark itself against international standards. Our vision in providing world class anaesthesia care is aided by regular patient feedback processes which help us refine our service. We are an accredited centre for postgraduate training in Anaesthesia by the National Board of Examinations.
Among the specialized services provided by the department are:
1. Pre-operative medical evaluations
2. Administration of anesthesia in all subspecialties
3. Neurocritical care, cardiac critical care and Liver transplant ICU
4. Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography
5. Patient controlled analgesia (PCA), patient controlled epidural analgesia (PCEA)
6. Obstetric analgesia services
7. Anaesthesia services for imaging (MRI, CT) and for procedures in Gastroenterology suites (ERCP, EUS etc)
Sakra World Hospitals Launches World-Class Facility For Paediatrics and Paediatric SuperspecialityRead More