October 16, 2018
A Journey Of Strength: Stand Tall This World Spine Day
What if you had a spine deformity so severe that you couldn’t walk? Does it ...
Neurological conditions are diseases and disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord and nerves which are the leading causes for disability around the world. The Sakra Institute of Neuroscience offers the most innovative, advanced treatments and therapies for all diseases of the nervous system. We have one of the most comprehensive programs in the country, featuring world-renowned specialists who perform advanced procedures from spine surgery to endoscopic skull base surgery.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Sakra is one of the leading edges of treating neurological conditions using the latest innovations and techniques in neurosurgery such as Neuro Navigation system, Biplane Hybrid OT, Endoscopic Neurosurgery theater, Spine Surgery theater with image guidance and Deep Brain Stimulation surgery as well as Epilepsy Surgery procedures
What makes Sakra different from other medical centers?
Sakra is one of the top neurology providers in the country. The departments of Neuro-radiology, neuro- inhabitation, neuro-nurses, neuro- intensives work form a well-integrated and dedicated team. This well-integration among our team members provide our patients various benefits such as faster recovery, early return to work and cost effectiveness along with the best treatment and care.
Uniqueness at Sakra:
1. We maintain the standardization of care
2. We use high technology- Neuro-rehabilitation: neuromonitoring is done at the senior most level- best for Intra-operative. Our surgeons work in collaboration with neuro-rehabilitation technicians to give better results.
3. Our follow-up rate is 95%.
The Department of Neurosurgery is staffed by a team of clinicians highly trained in all facets of neurosciences, including neuro-oncology, spinal neurosurgery, and epilepsy surgery among others.
1. We provide a full spectrum of neurosurgery that includes tumour surgery, vascular surgery, spine surgery, movement epilepsy, movement disorder procedures, trauma and spinal tumour surgery.
2. Among tumour surgery, skull-based tumours surgery is the most commonly performed. Moreover, we have exhaustive experience in dealing with pituitary tumours, acoustic tumours and skull-based meningioma, For example, in pituitary tumours, we carry out both endoscopic and micro-surgical procedures which is unique at Sakra Institute of Neurosciences.
3. In acoustic tumours the key is facial preservation and brain-stem preservation, both are done extremely well at our department and have achieved excellent results.
4. We have vast experience of neuro-vascular procedures involving cerebrovascular aneurysm, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and tumour embolization.
5. Another specialty at the department of neurosurgery is that we are highly experienced in performing complex procedures such as
6. Intra-medullary tumours which are the tumours that grow inside the spinal cord, most frequently occurring in the cervical region. We have unique experience in dealing with this complex procedure with 85-90% success rate.
7. Among cranio-vertebral junctions, Sakra ranks the highest series in the state. We carry out meningioma neurofibroma, among others with 90-95% of success rate with significant recovery pattern where patients hardly go to ventilators.
What are aneurysms?
An aneurysm is an abnormal out-pouching on the
What is Awake Craniotomy?
Awake craniotomy is a highly specialized neurosurgical
What is a Glioma?
Glioma is a tumor that arises
What is peripheral nerve injury?
The peripheral nerves are a complex,
About Sakra Institute of Neuroscience
The Sakra Institute of Neuroscience offers
What is a skull base tumour?
Tumours near or at the
What are spinal surgeries?
The spine or backbone consists of
What is Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)?
Trigeminal neuralgia is a pain disorder
What are Acoustic tumors?
Acoustic tumors are specialized tumors that arise
Sakra World Hospitals Launches World-Class Facility For Paediatrics and Paediatric SuperspecialityRead More
Sakra is one of the Best Neurosurgery Hospital in Marathahalli providing highly advanced surgical treatment for a wide range of neuro conditions. We have a panel of experienced neurosurgeons, supported by medical staff who are committed to providing comprehensive care. Contact us now to get treated by our Best Neurosurgeons in Bangalore.
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery or Neurological surgery is the medical speciality that deals with the study of care of the brain and spinal cord, including diseases and injuries of the nerves such as Cerebral haemorrhages, Cerebrovascular conditions such as aneurysms and vascular malformations, brain and spinal cord tumours, Spinal surgeries including laminectomies and fusions, Spinal cord injuries and Traumatic brain injuries.
What are the different types of neurosurgery?
The different types of neurosurgery are Brain tumour, craniotomy, ventricular shunt, spine surgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery and Traumatic surgery.
How long does it take to recover from neurosurgery?
It depends on the type of neurosurgery you have undergone, and time of recovery varies from person to person. Usually, you might stay in the hospital for 3 to 10 days after surgery, you are allowed to go home once you start to recover.
When do I consult a neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon specializes in the surgical treatment of the brain, spine and nervous system. The common reasons why you need to see neurosurgeon are if you have health problems low back pain, epilepsy, stroke, sciatica, Parkinson’s disease, spinal tumours, head, neck or spine injuries, pinched nerves and chronic pain.
How do a neurologist and a neurosurgeon differ?
A neurologist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment, and management of neurology conditions. Whereas, a neurosurgeon is a doctor who specializes in the surgical treatment of neurology disorders and conditions.