Dr. Satish Rudrappa
is one of those very eminent and distinguished Senior Neuro Surgeon in India. He has done his M.B.B.S - in Karnataka Medical College, Hubli the year 1990.
M.Ch (Neurosurgery) National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in the year 1995.
Fellowships - Complex Spine Surgery from Detroit Medical Centre, Detroit, Michigan, USA, Thoracoscopic Spine Surgery from Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA. Fellow of Microvascular Anastomosis at Henry Ford Hospital, USA.
Dr. Satish was a visiting Prof. of Neurosurgery at Louisiana State University, Shreport, USA, and extensively worked and taught skull base Surgical skills and cadaver dissection techniques.
Professional Experience & Fields of Expertise-
More than 5300 Brain Surgeries & 5700 Complex Spine Surgeries (Microsurgery). Skull base tumours, Spine surgeries with or without Instrumentation and Spinal Cord Tumours. Complex Spine & Reconstructive surgeries, Craniovertebral Anomalies first people in India to perform Image Guided Spine and Brain Surgery.
Presently Senior Consultant Neuro Surgeon & Head, Dept of Spine Surgery with over 18 years of experience in Brain & Spine Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore. Senior consultant Neurosurgeon, Sri Satya Sai hospital, Whitefield, Bangalore. Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Medical Centre, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA.
Honours & Awards-
Silver Jubilee “Gold Medal? for the best outgoing student from NIMHANS University. “Lee Foundation Award? from Singapore. “Kempegowda award 2011? for Community Service. “Paul Harris fellow? from Rotary International. Distinguished Rotarian 2013 for rendering excellent community services.
- Professional Organisational Membership-
- Indian Medical Association
- Neurological Society of India
- Bangalore Neurological Society
- Association of Spine surgeons of India (ASSI)
- AO Spine international
- Rotary International.
Publications & Presentation-
Dr. Satish. Has given more than 200 presentations in various medical forums at National & International levels, and has multiple publications in the peer reviewed International journals. His Microsurgical techniques (videos) in Spine surgery are printed by the International Spine Organisation for video teaching & demonstration.
Role in AO Spine International Organisation for spine surgery-
- Current position as Education Officer (Neurosurgery) AO spine India, Jan 2012 to Jan 2015.
- He is a Charter Member? of AO Spine India, 2004.
- “Education Officer in Neurosurgery? in AO Spine India 2006 to March, 2009.
- Participated as “Chairman?- Multiple Summer seminars, Basic courses, Principle Courses.
- Faculty at National and Regional, International level and Master course at various places.
- Completed “T4T’ and “T4C? Courses.
- Program Co-ordinator - Global Spine Course, Kuala Lumpur, Oct’2009.
Social & Community Services-
Trustee of NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation) “Sukriya? since 2007. Sukriya mainly offers medical help for the bread winners of the economically weaker family member suffering from Curable illness. Various patients have availed benefit through this NGO since 2007.
Chairman (Mahadevapura Health Task Force) - “Public Private Partnership “Adopted Government owned 3PHC (Primary Health Centers) to change it to a Model PHC with all the basic amenities including good structural development. The PPP is Headed by the Local Minister and Member of the Legislative Assembly.
Under this partnership, the private partner will intellectually & financially contribute significantly for the government activities. Part of this funding is given to the government to develop this model.
The goal of this is to reduce the maternal and infant mortality rates below the national level
Member of Rotary International, Bangalore IT corridor (District 3190)-
- The project undertaken personally under Rotary are:
- Free ambulance service to the local community since 2004
- Upgradation of Primary Health Centres.
- Conducted free spine surgeries under Kyphoscoliosis Project in Association with RBITC, Bangalore.
- Multiple free health Camps.
Member of Midnight Marathon Committee - RBITC, Bangalore
Member of Civic improvement amenities, Mahadevapura, Whitefield, Bangalore.