On behalf of the Institute of Digestive and HPB Sciences, Sakra World Hospital, it is our great pleasure to invite you for the 1st Safe Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Course to be held on 24th September, 2017 in Novotel Hotel, Outer Ring Road, Bellandur, Bengaluru.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the most common operation performed throughout the world. Since gallstone disease is highly prevalent in our country, most general, gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgeons are required to do this operation frequently in their careers. Although, the general public, patients and a large part of the medical fraternity perceive laparoscopic cholecystectomy as a simple and harmless surgery, only surgeons who have worked in tertiary care referral centers and have managed post cholecystectomy biliary injuries realize how devastating its complication can be. Performance of a safe cholecystectomy requires knowledge, skill and good decision making. Safe habits should be inculcated at the time of training so as to consistently follow a certain sequence of steps during surgery and avoid complications.
We are organizing this one day course on safe cholecystectomy for the young surgeons in training (post graduate residents in General Surgery) and the practising consultants who might want to pick up some finer points for their practice. There are clearly defined course objectives which will be of practical importance to the participants and will include interactive lectures, video discussions and a live operative session.
We are passionate about this initiative on safe cholecystectomy and believe it to be of lasting value to its participants.
Course Director - Dr. SADIQ S. SIKORA
Course Coordinator - Dr. Kishore GSB
1. Clinical decision making - when not to perform cholecystectomy; anticipate difficult cholecystectomy and preoperative evaluation of CBD.
2. Biliary anatomy - clinical implications in cholecystectomy
3. Safe cholecystectomy - concepts and solutions
4. Difficult cholecystectomy - tips and tricks
5. Check list and culture of cholecystectomy
6. Timing of laparoscopic cholecystectomy
a. Acute chole
b. Biliary pancreatitis
7. Trouble shooting during laparoscopic cholecystectomy
c. Cystic duct tear
d. Stone impacted in cystic duct
e. Hollow viscus injury
8. Preoperative evaluation of CBD and Intraoperative cholangiogram.
9. Medico-legal considerations in cholecystectomy/ informed consent
10. Biliary injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Live surgery demonstrating steps of safe Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Date : 24th September, 2017 | Time: 9.00 AM - 4.00PM
Novotel Hotel, Outer Ring Road, Bellandur, Bangalore.
(Registration limited to 60 seats)
Reg. Fee - Rs.500/-
Mr.David: +91 7259003566